|Scientific name||Cladorhynchus leucocephalus||Common name||Banded Stilt|
|Breeding range||Inland SW, Central & S Australia||Non-breeding range||Coastal SW & S Australia, rare Tasmania|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|No conservation frameworks|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 4||0||0||206,000||206,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 1||0||0||206,000||206,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 2||0||0||206,000||206,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 3||0||0||206,000||206,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 5||1992||2011||300,000||450,000||Expert opinion||[S6878]||[R689] [R1042] [R1079] [R1112] [R1126] [R1188] [R1189] [R1282]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 4||1990||2000||FLU||No quality assessment||[R341]|
|WPE 1||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 2||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 3||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 5||1982||2011||FLU||Reasonable||[R1189] [R1112] [R1101] [R689]|
Population 1% level
- R689 - Watkins, D. 1993. A National Plan for Shorebird Conservation in Australia. Report to World Wide Fund for Nature. Prepared by the Australasian Wader Studies Group.
- R341 - Jaensch, Roger, August 2005. Detailed data and notes on numbers and distribution of waterbirds in Australia, updated from Jaensch, 2003, and derived from more than 90 Australian sources including Wetlands International, Birds Australia and Jaensch, 2003,
- R1042 - Christie, M. 2010. Banded Stilt Breeding Lake Torrens. Birding-aus online http://birding-aus.org/?p=1241 accessed 26 April 2012.
- R1079 - Gosbell, K. In litt. 23 and 24 April 2012 (Shorebird Working Group, East Asian - Australasian Flyway Partnership).
- R1112 - Kingsford, R.T., Porter, J.L. and Halse, S.A. 2012. National waterbird assessment. Waterlines report, National Water Commission, Canberra. Available online at http://nwc.gov.au/publications/waterlines/74
- R1126 - Minton, C.D.T. In litt. 19, 23 and 27 April 2012 (Victorian Wader Study Group).
- R1188 - Wainright, P. In litt. 26 April 2012.
- R1189 - Wainwright, P. and Christie, M. 2008. Wader surveys at the Coorong and SE coastal lakes, South Australia, February 2008. Stilt 54: 31-47.
- R1282 - Christie, M. In litt. 7 May 2012.
- R1101 - Jaensch, R. April 2012. Detailed data and notes on numbers and trends of waterbirds in Australia and other parts of the Oceania region, in a spreadsheet prepared for Wetlands International - Oceania for the 5th edition of WPE.
- S6878 - E and W populations often considered separate but some movement does occur between the regions occupied. Annual monitoring of a key coastal site and a national survey of waterbirds provided end-of-drought counts for E and W which, when combined, provided basis for a revised estimate (considerably higher than the WPE4 estimate). Numbers were augmented by a massive breeding event in 2010 but effective recruitment to overall population size is yet to be quantified. Estimated minimum and maximum are provided, to account for uncertainties regarding E and W populations.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on