|Scientific name||Fulica atra||Common name||Common Coot|
|Breeding range||Australia, New Zealand||Non-breeding range|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|No conservation frameworks|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 5||2004||2008||100,000||1,000,000||Best guess||[S6290]||[R341] [R1112]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
Population 1% level
- R341 - Jaensch, Roger, August 2005. Detailed data and notes on numbers and distribution of waterbirds in Australia, updated from Jaensch, 2003, and derived from more than 90 Australian sources including Wetlands International, Birds Australia and Jaensch, 2003,
- R1112 - Kingsford, R.T., Porter, J.L. and Halse, S.A. 2012. National waterbird assessment. Waterlines report, National Water Commission, Canberra. Available online at http://nwc.gov.au/publications/waterlines/74
- R1101 - Jaensch, R. April 2012. Detailed data and notes on numbers and trends of waterbirds in Australia and other parts of the Oceania region, in a spreadsheet prepared for Wetlands International - Oceania for the 5th edition of WPE.
- S553 - Population size probably close to 1 million (344).
- S6290 - Estimate based on national survey at end of major drought as well as consideration of high counts from key sites during wetter periods.
- T4736 - Numbers fluctuate naturally but trend is possibly decreasing due to reduced availability of some important breeding habitat due to river regulation; dives to feed so does use artificial habitats such as reservoirs.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on