|Scientific name||Sternula albifrons||Common name||Little Tern|
|Population name||albifrons, West Mediterranean/ W Africa (bre)|
|Breeding range||West Mediterranean||Non-breeding range||W & SW Africa|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|Ramsar regions||Africa Europe|
|Notes||In WPE4 this population belonged to one single population, albifrons, Eastern Atlantic (bre). This population was proposed in CSR5 on recommendation of Italy, 2 April 2008, first included in WPE5.|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 5||2000||2000||28,200||41,000||Expert opinion||[R63]|
|CSR 6||1990||2012||21,000||28,000||No quality assessment||[S8582]||[R1362] [R1361] [R63] [R1371]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
Population 1% level
- R63 - BirdLife International (2004)b. Birds in Europe, population estimates, trends and conservation status. Cambridge, UK: BirdLife International. (BirdLife Conservation Series No. 12).
- R1362 - European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity (in prep) Population and trend data provided by the EU Member States in the frame of their reporting under Article 12 of the EU Birds Directive. Online fact sheets. European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity, Paris. URL: http://bd.eionet.europa.eu/activities/Reporting/Article_12/Reports_2013/Member_State_Deliveries. Accessed on 31 July 2014.
- R1361 - BirdLife International, BTO, EBCC, CSO, IUCN, RSPB, SOVON, Wetlands International (in prep) Population and trend data provided to the European Red List of Birds Project funded by the European Commission. Digital dataset. BirdLife International, Cambridge, UK. Accessed on 31 July 2014.
- R1371 - Dodman, T. 2014. Status, Estimates and Trends of Waterbird Populations in Africa: AEWA-listed African populations. Wetlands International. (CSR6 African populations) URL: https://www.wetlands.org/publications/1304/
- R1549 - BirdLife International 2015. European Red List of Birds. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. http://datazone.birdlife.org/info/euroredlist
- R1560 - 15. eu
- S8582 - 6,301-8,521 pairs in ES, PT, IT, FR (30%), SI, HU and SK (European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity, in prep., BirdLife International et al., in prep.). Further 45-70 pairs in HR (BirdLife International, 2004). 700-800 pairs in NW Africa (Dodman, 2014).
- T6575 - Decline indicated, but not quantified, only in ES. Increase in SI, stable or fluctuating elsewhere except IT, where short-term trend is unknown. However, it decreased by 40-60% IT in the long-term.
- S8991 - 7,026-9,381 pairs in ES, PT, IT, FR (30%), SI, HR, HU and SK (BirdLife International 2015). 700-800 pairs in NW Africa (Dodman, 2014).
- T7074 - Decline indicated, but not quantified, only in ES. Increase in SI, stable or fluctuating elsewhere except IT, where short-term trend is unknown. However, it decreased by 40-60% IT in the long-term.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on