|Scientific name||Antigone rubicunda||Common name||Brolga|
|Breeding range||Australia||Non-breeding range||Australia|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|Notes||N Australia and S Australia populations have been combined in WPE5.|
|No conservation frameworks|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 5||1995||2008||25,000||100,000||Best guess||[S5909]||[R341] [R443] [R1101] [R1112]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
Population 1% level
- R341 - Jaensch, Roger, August 2005. Detailed data and notes on numbers and distribution of waterbirds in Australia, updated from Jaensch, 2003, and derived from more than 90 Australian sources including Wetlands International, Birds Australia and Jaensch, 2003,
- R443 - Meine, C.D. and Archibald, G.W. (eds.). 1996. The Cranes: status survey and conservation Action Plan. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge, UK. 294 pp.
- R1101 - Jaensch, R. April 2012. Detailed data and notes on numbers and trends of waterbirds in Australia and other parts of the Oceania region, in a spreadsheet prepared for Wetlands International - Oceania for the 5th edition of WPE.
- R1112 - Kingsford, R.T., Porter, J.L. and Halse, S.A. 2012. National waterbird assessment. Waterlines report, National Water Commission, Canberra. Available online at http://nwc.gov.au/publications/waterlines/74
- S5909 - Data refer to whole of Australia (no separate populations). Estimate based on national survey and consideration of numbers occurring in dryland habitats. Threats to breeding habitat in far S of range probably affect a very small part of the population.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on