|Scientific name||Marmaronetta angustirostris||Common name||Marbled Teal|
|Population name||West Mediterranean/West Medit. & West Africa|
|Breeding range||W Mediterranean||Non-breeding range||W Mediterranean, W Africa|
|Red List Category||Vulnerable|
|Ramsar regions||Africa Europe|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 5||2001||2001||3,000||5,000||Expert opinion||[R190]|
|CSR 4||2001||2001||3,000||5,000||Expert opinion||[R190]|
|CSR 5||2001||2001||3,000||5,000||Expert opinion||[R190]|
|CSR 6||2000||2013||6,000||7,500||Expert opinion||[S8540]||[R1362] [R1365] [R1371]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|CSR 6||2003||2012||UNC||Poor||[T6535]||[R1362] [R1381]|
Population 1% level
- R269 - Green, A.J. 1993. The status and conservation of the Marbled Teal (Marmaronetta angustirostris). IWRB Special Publication No. 23. Slimbridge, UK. 107 pp.
- R190 - Dodman, T. 2002. Waterbird Population Estimates in Africa. Unpublished report to Wetlands International.
- R272 - Green, A.J. in litt. 2002.
- R1362 - European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity (in prep) Population and trend data provided by the EU Member States in the frame of their reporting under Article 12 of the EU Birds Directive. Online fact sheets. European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity, Paris. URL: http://bd.eionet.europa.eu/activities/Reporting/Article_12/Reports_2013/Member_State_Deliveries. Accessed on 31 July 2014.
- R1365 - Wetlands International, International Waterbird Census, unpublished data, 2014.
- R1371 - Dodman, T. 2014. Status, Estimates and Trends of Waterbird Populations in Africa: AEWA-listed African populations. Wetlands International. (CSR6 African populations) URL: https://www.wetlands.org/publications/1304/
- R1381 - Nagy, S., Flink, S., Langendoen, T. (2014) Waterbird trends 1988-2012: Results of trend analyses of data from the International Waterbird Census in the African-Eurasian Flyway. Wetlands International, Ede.
- R1549 - BirdLife International 2015. European Red List of Birds. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. http://datazone.birdlife.org/info/euroredlist
- R1548 - Wetlands International (2017) Flyway trend analyses based on data from the African-Eurasian Waterbird Census from the period of 1967-2015. Ede, The Netherlands: Wetlands International. Temporary URL: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r76f4eyuhzu65co/AADzzQkhySsUDsmwFJUcHs91a?dl=0
- S8540 - 57-59 pairs in the EU (European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity, in prep., BirdLife International et al., in prep.). Highest IWC count total in the West Mediterranean was 6,089 individuals in January 2013 (Wetlands International, 2014). There are records from several sites in Chad, including 525 recently in NE, and this year 'a dozen seen but others likely missed' in central Chad. W Africa few records, maybe 100 individuals, but could easily be underlooked eg in Mali. Based on 2013 data & Chad (Dodman, 2014).
- T6535 - Breeding numbers are declining in ES, fluctuating on ESIC and stable in IT (European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity), but wintering trend is uncertain (Nagy et al., 2014). It is unclear whether the fluctuations in numbers counted are related to coverage or to environmental factors although the magnitude of year-to-year changes exclude genuine biological/environmental processes.
- S9147 - 57-59 pairs in the EU (BirdLife International 2015). Highest IWC count total in the West Mediterranean was 6,507 individuals in January 2011. Count totals have exceeded 6,000 individuals also in 2010 and 2013 (Wetlands International, 2017). There are records from several sites in Chad, including 525 recently in NE, and this year 'a dozen seen but others likely missed' in central Chad. W Africa few records, maybe 100 individuals, but could easily be underlooked eg in Mali. Based on 2013 data & Chad (Dodman, 2014).
- T6944 - Long-term (1983-2015): 1.0086 (SE 0.0156) – uncertain (TRIM: stable)
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on