|Scientific name||Spatula rhynchotis||Common name||Australian Shoveler|
|Population name||rhynchotis, SW Australia|
|Breeding range||SW Australia||Non-breeding range|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|Notes||In WPE2 this population belonged to one single population (A.r.rhynchotis, Australia).|
|No conservation frameworks|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 5||1990||2008||1||25,000||Best guess||[S8022]||[R287] [R341] [R1101] [R1145]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 5||1995||2011||DEC?||No idea||[T6029]||[R1101] [R1044]|
Population 1% level
- R341 - Jaensch, Roger, August 2005. Detailed data and notes on numbers and distribution of waterbirds in Australia, updated from Jaensch, 2003, and derived from more than 90 Australian sources including Wetlands International, Birds Australia and Jaensch, 2003,
- R287 - Halse, S.A., Vervest, R.M., Munro, D.R., Pearson, G.B. and Yung, F.H., 1992. Annual waterfowl counts in south-western Australia - 1989/90. Technical Report 29, Western Australian Department of Conservation and Land Management.
- R1101 - Jaensch, R. April 2012. Detailed data and notes on numbers and trends of waterbirds in Australia and other parts of the Oceania region, in a spreadsheet prepared for Wetlands International - Oceania for the 5th edition of WPE.
- R1145 - Pinder, A. In litt. 4 April 2012a (waterbird monitoring database for Lake Warden and Lake Gore systems, 2006-2012, Department of Environment and Conservation, Western Australia).
- R1044 - Clarke, A.G., Lane, J.A.K. and Jaensch, R.P. 2011. Surveys of waterbirds in selected wetlands of south-western Australia in spring-summer 2009-10, with further assessment of changes in habitat and waterbird usage over 2-3 decades. Western Australian Department of Environment and Conservation. 101pp.
- S5249 - Separation of SE and SW populations is not confirmed.
- S8022 - Estimate recognises inadequacy of data for assessing the past decade and encompasses peak numbers from 1980s-1990s moderated by likely subsequent decline due to changes to habitat.
- T6029 - Likely declines since 1990's due to changes to habitat.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on