|Scientific name||Anas platyrhynchos||Common name||Mallard|
|Population name||platyrhynchos, Western Siberia/South-west Asia|
|Breeding range||W Siberia, SW Asia||Non-breeding range||SW & Central Asia|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|Ramsar regions||Asia Europe|
|CAF Action Plan|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 1||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||No quality assessment||[R519]|
|WPE 2||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||No quality assessment||[R519]|
|WPE 3||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||No quality assessment||[R519]|
|WPE 4||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||No quality assessment||[R519]|
|WPE 5||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||Expert opinion||[R519]|
|CSR 4||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||Expert opinion||[R519]|
|CSR 5||1987||1991||800,000||800,000||Expert opinion||[R519]|
|CSR 6||2000||2012||800,000||800,000||Best guess||[S8532]||[R519] [R1365]|
|CSR 7||2000||2012||800,000||800,000||Best guess||[S9136]||[R519] [R1412]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 1||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 2||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 3||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 4||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 5||0||0||Unknown||No idea|
|CSR 6||2003||2012||DEC?||Poor||[T6528]||[R519] [R1381]|
Population 1% level
|CSR 4||-1||-1||Not Set|
|CSR 5||-1||-1||Not Set|
|CSR 6||-1||-1||Not Set|
- R519 - Perennou, C.P., Mundkur, T. and Scott, D.A. 1994. The Asian Waterfowl Census 1987-1991: distribution and status of Asian waterfowl. IWRB Spec. Publ. No. 24; AWB Spec. Publ. No. 86. Slimbridge, UK and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- R888 - Wetlands International, 2012. Results of trend analysis undertaken for CSR5 2012, presented in Annex 4. http://www.unep-aewa.org/meetings/en/mop/mop5_docs/pdf/mop5_14_csr5.pdf
- R1365 - Wetlands International, International Waterbird Census, unpublished data, 2014.
- R1381 - Nagy, S., Flink, S., Langendoen, T. (2014) Waterbird trends 1988-2012: Results of trend analyses of data from the International Waterbird Census in the African-Eurasian Flyway. Wetlands International, Ede.
- R1412 - Wetlands International 2014. International Waterbird Census Count Totals 2010 - 2013: African-Eurasian region. Online dataset. URL: http://www.wetlands.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=0YKYRi11%2f0k%3d&tabid=3044
- R1548 - Wetlands International (2017) Flyway trend analyses based on data from the African-Eurasian Waterbird Census from the period of 1967-2015. Ede, The Netherlands: Wetlands International. URL: http://iwc.wetlands.org/index.php/aewatrends
- S8532 - 811,065 individuals were still reported from January 2004, but much lower numbers afterwards. However, it is possible that range shift would be undetected in the less intensively monitored Central Asian Republics. Therefore the earlier estimate of Perenou et al (1994) is retained.
- T6528 - Overall decline both in annual count totals and in adjusted count totals (Nagy et al., 2014). Significant long-term decline.
- S9136 - 811,065 individuals were still reported from January 2004, but much lower numbers afterwards. However, it is possible that range shift would be undetected in the less intensively monitored Central Asian Republics. Therefore the earlier estimate of Perennou et al (1994) is retained.
- T6930 - In the short-term the population shows a recovering tendency. In the long-term the significant long-term decline has changed to a moderate decline indicating that the population has not yet fully recovered.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on