|Scientific name||Stiltia isabella||Common name||Australian Pratincole|
|Breeding range||N & E & SE Australia||Non-breeding range||N & E Australia, New Guinea, E Indonesia|
|Red List Category||Least Concern|
|Ramsar regions||Asia Oceania|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Minimum||Maximum||Estimate quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 4||2003||2003||25,000||1,000,000||No quality assessment||[S2056]||[R341]|
|WPE 1||0||0||60,000||60,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 2||0||0||60,000||60,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 3||0||0||60,000||60,000||No quality assessment||[R689]|
|WPE 5||1992||2009||25,000||100,000||Best guess||[S7172]||[R689] [R1027] [R1149]|
|Publication||Start year||End year||Trend||Trend quality||Notes||References||Actions|
|WPE 4||1990||2000||FLU||No quality assessment||[R341]|
|WPE 1||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 2||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
|WPE 3||0||0||Unknown||No quality assessment|
Population 1% level
|WPE 4||-1||-1||Not Set|
- R341 - Jaensch, Roger, August 2005. Detailed data and notes on numbers and distribution of waterbirds in Australia, updated from Jaensch, 2003, and derived from more than 90 Australian sources including Wetlands International, Birds Australia and Jaensch, 2003,
- R689 - Watkins, D. 1993. A National Plan for Shorebird Conservation in Australia. Report to World Wide Fund for Nature. Prepared by the Australasian Wader Studies Group.
- R1027 - Bishop, K.D. 2003. A Review of the Avifauna of the TransFly Eco-region: the status, distribution, habitats and conservation of the region?s birds. Report to WWF South Pacific Program.
- R1149 - Reid, J.R.W., Kingsford, R.T. and Jaensch, R.P. 2009. Waterbird Surveys in the Channel Country Floodplain Wetlands, Autumn 2009. Report by Australian National University, Canberra, University of New South Wales, Sydney, and Wetlands International, Oceania, Brisbane, for the Australian Government Department of Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts. 81 pp. Also available online at http://www.lebmf.gov.au/publications/pubs/waterbirds-report.pdf
- R1101 - Jaensch, R. April 2012. Detailed data and notes on numbers and trends of waterbirds in Australia and other parts of the Oceania region, in a spreadsheet prepared for Wetlands International - Oceania for the 5th edition of WPE.
- S2056 - 344: undercounted or missed due to lack of surveys of vast dryland areas where birds feed, so estimate revised to range 25,000 - 100,000 rather than former 60,000 (697).
- S7172 - Data used in first WPE estimates and new information from Australia and New Guinea indicate 25,000-100,000 as best revised estimate for the population, although species occurs widely in unsurveyed dryland habitats in Australia.
Copyright Wetlands International 2012 Citation: Wetlands International (). "Waterbird Population Estimates" . Retrieved from wpe.wetlands.org on